Hi there lovelies!
So I know…I’ve been MIA for a little while now, and I’m sorry. There’s been tons of exciting stuff going on, and very little spare time to update my blog and share deliciously amazing recipes with all of you. You may be asking, “what’s all of this exciting stuff you’re talking about?” Well, we’re in the process of submitting the final manuscript for our cookbook, to be released Spring 2016 by Random House (Yahooo!!!), and needless to say, it’s taken up every spare moment of my life for quite some time. Not to mention also running Kelly’s Bake Shoppe day in day out…
Well I’m back at it, and better than ever. To re-launch my blog, I’d love to share my delicious nutrient packed oatmeal recipe that puts me into superwoman speed when I need to get a ton of stuff done! It nourishes and fuels me for the day ahead. I find that whenever I have this for breakfast, I’m completely satisfied without any snack cravings until lunch, if not longer.
I’ve been making this oatmeal for quite some time now, and recently tried it out on my family while skiing in Whistler, and they loved it!
It’s loaded with chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, almond butter, fresh fruit, and of course rolled oats (steel cut oats work well too).
Here it is….
2 cups filtered water
1 cups rolled oats
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons chia seeds
2 teaspoons hemp seeds
2 teaspoons flax seeds
2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
4 tablespoons sweetener of your choice (maple syrup is best!)
2 cups Fresh fruit, sliced and diced (apples, strawberries, bananas work well)
2 heaping tablespoons almond butter
1 cup non-dairy milk (almond, hemp, soy, cashew, rice)
- Boil water in a small to medium sized saucepan. Add the salt and rolled oats.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook oats, uncovered for 5-7 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the cinnamon, chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds in a small bowl.
- Then, add the coconut oil to the oatmeal, and stir to combine.
- Once the oats have finished cooking, remove from heat and set aside.
- Portion the oatmeal two serving bowls, and top with the fresh fruit, then the seed mixture, then almond butter.
- Finish with maple syrup (or another natural sweetener) and non-dairy milk.
- Serve immediately.
I hope you keep this recipe in your back pocket, and share it with all of your friends and family